Monday, November 9, 2015

Expedient Coffeeneuring: Verboort Sausage Festival

Ride: 8  (Although my official #7)
Date: Saturday, November 7
Distance: 2.1 miles
Destination: Verboort Sausage Festival, Verboort, OR
Bike: Sweetpea
Beverage: Coffee
Bike Friendliness: Leaned it up against a building, no lock

Although I had plans to end up at a coffee shop with ceramic mugs, a fancy coffee drink, and some classy ambiance, well, it just didn't happen.

After finishing the Oregon Randonneurs Verboort Populaire, which ends at the annual Verboort Sausage Festival, I was sodden (why, yes, it did rain.  Quite a bit.), and under a time constraint to get home.

Coffee (in the bingo tent at the Verboort Sausage Festival)

So I bought some sausage on a stick and a cup of coffee, sat down with some folks, ate the sausage, drank the coffee and knitted a bit on Sock #2.

Coffee, knitting and sausage

Then I gathered myself up and rode the 2+ miles back to the start in Forest Grove with a few of the other riders.



No comments: